- Foster and promote safe and environmentally responsible bushwalking / hiking in Western Australia;
- Help enhance the bushwalking value of the natural environment for the community by promoting and actively working for its conservation and effective management;
- Work to enhance bushwalking opportunities for all by encouraging the development, maintenance and protection of the integrity and accessibility of walking tracks and trails;
- Collectively represent an estimated 168,000+ Western Australians who go bushwalking. A majority of WA’s bushwalking clubs are Member Clubs of HikeWest;
- Provide an effective voice for bushwalking and bushwalkers – by advocating through meetings and discussions with State and Local government, land managers and others; and in written submissions, on important issues that affect bushwalking opportunities and experiences in WA;
- Provide information to the community to encourage and assist more Western Australians to discover and participate in bushwalking, and to join our Member Clubs;
- Assist our Member Clubs, bushwalkers and the wider community in ways consistent with the above objectives, including help for groups keen to start up their own new bushwalking club/group;
- Facilitate insurances cover for Member Clubs through Bushwalking Australia, the national peak body, which provides our Member Clubs with competitive insurance cover.
- Contribute to the interests of bushwalkers at a national level through membership and participation on the Council of Bushwalking Australia (BA), the peak national bushwalking body; to facilitate interaction and sharing of knowledge and skills with other state bushwalking bodies, clubs and individual bushwalkers across Australia.
- We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we walk, and their continuing cultural and spiritual connection to country.
Our Current Projects
See our Latest Projects and our latest eNews issue.
You can contribute!
We offer a range of opportunities for members and the wider community to contribute to our voluntary efforts to achieve better bushwalking for WA.