Any person who supports HikeWest’s objectives and interests may apply online for Individual membership of HikeWest. This enables individuals who are not necessarily members of one of our Member Clubs to show support for HikeWest’s efforts on behalf of all bushwalkers in the state, and to enjoy several of the benefits available to our other members.
Benefits of being a HikeWest Individual Member
- Better bushwalking for Western Australia – Through membership, an individual can show support for HikeWest’s vision and objectives.
- Awareness of recreational bushwalking and forest environment issues in WA – As WA’s recognised peak body and advocate for bushwalking, HikeWest keeps its members informed on a wide range of important issues that affect bushwalking opportunities and quality in WA.
- Bushwalking network – Involvement with HikeWest provides opportunities to meet and mix with fellow bushwalkers at general meetings and to participate on HikeWest’s working groups.
- Information – Receive up-to-date news and other information relevant to the wider bushwalking community, the walk trails industry, Government agencies, conservationists, the Shires and others; via this website and regular HikeWest eNews and email alerts.
- National issues – Be kept informed also of national issues affecting bushwalking (through HikeWest membership of Bushwalking Australia, the peak national body).
- Publicity – Individual members owning private enterprises are also encouraged to support HikeWest through sponsorship and extend their reach through display of their enterprise’s logo (with link) on this website and in our eNews, and/or by advertising with HikeWest.
- If you are already a member of a HikeWest Member Club you automatically obtain full HikeWest membership benefits through that club including insurances cover.
Existing Individual Members
Please complete and submit the online form with your updated contact details at any time.